We are currently seeking to grow our team as we increase our project portfolio. We are seeking talented people that share our vision for a flourishing community and want to work in a dynamic design firm. Our horizontal leadership structure means that everyone plays an essential part in our success.
Interested in working with us? Below are two job postings. If either of these roles fits you, contact us at email@example.com with your cover letter and CV.
Invizij is an award-winning Hamilton-based architecture firm and we depend on our senior team members to perform at the highest standards in terms of project and people responsibilities. Seniors architects are experts in their profession and lead a portfolio of projects, providing design and technical oversight and project management to team members. They also serve as ambassadors of the practice and as leaders to team members, providing direction and mentorship to intermediate and junior employees and establish and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, including consultants and clients.
At this time, we are particularly looking for a senior architect with experience in either the recreation, education, health care or civic design areas. As leaders in Passive House design in Canara, architects with Passive House experience or interest are also welcome to apply.
• Communicate, verbally and in writing, effectively with clients, consultants and colleagues
• Maintain proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit and other software as required
• Keep current with the Ontario Building Code and other regulations related to our profession
• Mentor and coach team members to develop their skills and knowledge
• Communicate effectively to promote a culture of respect and learning
• Monitor employee performance and contribute to performance reviews and team development
• Oversee project resourcing and task allocation
• Reviews and approves team members’ timesheets
• Oversee more than one project and manage their flow through the studio
• Ensure quality standards are set and met, performing quality assurance checks at each phase
• Responsible for establishing, and maintaining adherence to, project schedule and budget
• Lead meetings with clients and consultants
• Lead the creation of designs, including conception and development
• Understand, investigate and develop solutions for technical challenges
• Supervise the preparation of preliminary plans and detailed drawings for highly complex building projects
• Effectively manage projects, maintaining schedules, foreseeing work planning and ensuring completion of deliverables for all phases
• Preparation and assembling of contract documentation/tender packages
• Take responsibility for setting and ensuring quality standards and perform quality assurance checks for the team
• Project manage through delegation and communications
• Responsible for establishing, maintaining and adhering to project budget and schedule
• Management of regulatory requirements including site plan approvals and building permits
• Provide leadership to build a positive culture in the studio
• Contribute to maintaining and improving policies, processes, and systems for the studio
• Support business development efforts by networking and/or contributing to proposals or other marketing activities